This week on Marketing O’Clock, Google announces passage-based ranking, Facebook and Google release new ecommerce features for the holidays, and more.
Google Announces Passage-Based Indexing
Google announced a number of upcoming changes and improvements coming to Search, including the revelation that it will soon be able to identify individual passages on a webpage to surface relevant content in the search results.
New Google Shopping Features
Google announced new shopping features that will benefit both shoppers and retailers this upcoming holiday season.
- Price comparison: Items may be labeled to specify whether their prices are high, low, or typical compared to other products on Google Shopping.
- Price tracking: Shoppers can opt-in to receive price tracking alerts in Gmail or the Google app.
Changes for Retailers
- Merchant promotions: Merchant promotions are now available in the U.S. and will be shown in more locations across Google for both free and organic shopping listings. Google also said that they will be speeding up the approval process for the holiday shopping season.
- New Smart Shopping goal: The new customer acquisition goal for Smart Shopping campaigns is now out of beta and available to all advertisers.
- New Google Shopping reporting: Auction Insights metrics will be available for shopping campaigns in Google Ads Report Editor
Google Is Charged in Antitrust Lawsuit
The United States Department of Justice is suing Google over multiple violations of antitrust law related to online search. The suit is the result of a year-long investigation into the tech giant.
New Facebook Ecommerce Features
Facebook announced new ecommerce features ahead of the holiday shopping season.
First, brands will be able to create ads with shoppable product tags directly from the Facebook Ads Manager. They also announced new ecommerce-focused audiences including shopping engagement custom audiences and shopping lookalike audiences for brands who use Facebook Shops. Brands will also be able to manage and promote sales for their Shop in the Promotions tab of Commerce Manager.
In our Take of the Week segment, digital marketers wrote some passionate limericks about the challenges they face in response to Tim Halloran‘s poetry challenge.
These were the details of the news Google announces passage-based ranking and this week’s digital marketing news [PODCAST] for this day. We hope that we have succeeded by giving you the full details and information. To follow all our news, you can subscribe to the alerts system or to one of our different systems to provide you with all that is new.