How to Improve PPC Campaign Management
1. Define your goals
PPC advertising can help drive numerous marketing and business goals. But targeted, successful campaigns don’t attempt to achieve everything at once. Subsequently, an important part of PPC campaign management is defining a clear goal that can be measured against key performance indicators (KPIs).
Before starting a campaign, you should be able to answer questions such as:
- How many conversions you want to drive per month
- Your ideal and maximum cost per conversion (CPC)
- Your ideal and maximum cost per click (CPC)
- Your total monthly PPC budget
Define your goals before you start, because it will ultimately impact what bidding strategy you choose, what keywords you target and what kind of ads you serve.
2. Set up your account the smart way
Carefully structuring your account from the beginning is an important part of PPC campaign management, making your campaigns easier to manage, and reducing the chances of making big targeting mistakes, such as:
- Having too many ads in a single ad group
- Duplicating keywords across campaigns and ad groups
- Targeting a single product with multiple ad groups
- Targeting a single product category with multiple campaigns
When you’re starting out with just one or two campaigns, account setup might seem easy. But if you plan to expand in the long term, it’s important to consider multiple factors when initially laying a foundation for your account structure.
Setting up your account the smart way means:
- Creating campaigns for specific product categories — Have your account structure logically reflect the structure of products and/or services you provide.
- Considering location and language targeting — If targeting more than one country, create separate campaigns for each. Ensure your campaigns are only targeting locations and languages relevant to your audience.
- Creating separate campaigns for different advertising goals — Create unique campaigns for different marketing goals, such as search, display, and remarketing. Select the right biddi